Keep it local this Christmas and place your order at Old Farm for a chance to win a meal for up to 8 cooked by Masterchef semi-finalist Sarah Dugdale and served by Sarah Righton! The two Sarahs first got together at Open Farm Sunday in June where Sarah D prepared home made beef burgers and pulled pork for visitors. Choose from a menu using meat from the farm and other produce from the farm shop. Sarah is passionate about supporting British Farming and likes to use local ingredients with a provenance.
Go to Christmas Order page to download a form and either drop it into the shop or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sustainability is something we really care about, we believe that by following traditional farming methods we can help in the fight against climate change. Here are a few reasons to support Old Farm this Christmas and for the rest of the year too…
- cattle and sheep graze permanent pasture land, pigs are raised in straw yards and the sows live outside from April to October
- hay and silage is made on the farm to feed stock over the winter reducing transport costs and emissions
- straw from the arable crops is used for bedding and the manure is put back onto the arable land to reduce the need for artificial fertilisers
- linseed straw from the farm powers the biomass boiler which heats the farmhouse and provides hot water
- farm is involved in a trial with Thames Water looking at ways of improving soil quality
- farm shop is looking at new ways of packaging meat – currently using compostable trays for sausages and testing new products
- cleaning product re-fills, locally made beeswax food wraps and goat milk soap and shampoo bars
- most other products in the shop are from within a 30 mile radius including milk delivered in bottles from Holmleigh dairy